The health of our ecosystem directly impacts human and animal health, and thus, we naturally care about our impact on the environment.
Waste is unfortunately inevitable in veterinary facilities, but we are passionate about improving the sustainability of our facility as well as our profession.
What we are doing
- The use of re-sterilized, reusable products where possible instead of disposable products (e.g. surgical drapes and gowns).
- The use of electronic medical record to eliminate paper waste as much as possible.
- The use of products with less carbon footprint and from companies focused on improving sustainability (e.g. less- or no-plastic alternatives, ordering supplies from B-corporations, etc.).
- Where possible, eco-friendly cleaning products are used.
- Organic waste composting through the county collection.
- The use of biodegradable medical products including drug vials and examination gloves.
- We recycle all recyclable products.